Jason S. on Fri, 20 Aug 1999 09:10:07 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Problems installing glib

You're probably in a situation where you have 2 versions of the library
installed. This is a bad thing. Especially when you try to compile stuff
to use glib. More than likely you installed it in /usr/local. RH
usually puts glib and other libs that come with the distro in /usr.
Your best bet is to use an rpm to upgrade. It'll tell you what programs
are going to break by upgrading. When you upgrade a library to a
different revision, you often times need to recompile the programs that
use it. You may just want to get RH6 and upgrade. IT'll be cleaner
and easier. Or, if you absolutely want the latest glib/gtk, then
do a ./configure --prefix=/usr and reinstall. You should uninstall the
stuff in /usr/local first.

J.

When I grow up, I wanna be more like me.
I had a clue. I didn't like it. I took it back and exchanged it for an
attitude.