John Nolan on Sun, 22 Aug 1999 22:54:43 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Linux/W95 LAN

> Well all of these are cables I made so I don't have any proof that any of
> them work and I don't have anything to hook them up to that I know works on
> the software side. One of them even runs up through my ceiling, in my attic,
> and then back downstairs. I doubt I could get it out.

If you can't remove the cables and hook them to another network,
then borrow some (working) cables from someone, and set up your
network using those cables first.   Move your computers into
the same room temporarily just so that you can do this,
hook them up with your friend's cables, and then tinker with
the network settings.  When everything is working properly,
then shut your computers down and reconnect them using your wires.