Thomas E. Keiser on Sun, 22 Aug 1999 23:23:52 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Linux/W95 LAN

If you made your own cables using traditional fittings, it's fairly likely (don't
take this personally) they won't work. I say this based upon years of trying to do
this, and finally going to pre-made patch cables, and using Panduit mini-com
connectors for in-wall wiring. Even if you only value your own time at $5/hour,
this makes sense.