Nick R on Mon, 23 Aug 1999 13:40:58 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Linux/W95 LAN

Definitely. It's under 100 feet. And I ran it away from everything that could cause interference.
As for the tester idea, that would only work out if somebody had a tester they wouldn't mind bringing over or loaning me to take to my house, because that cable's not coming out. It wouldn't even fit now that it has connectors on the end.

From: "Michael W. Ryan" <mryan@netaxs.com>
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Subject: Re: [Plug] Linux/W95 LAN
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 10:59:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 22 Aug 1999, John Nolan wrote:

Just a thought:  is the long cable (the one going into the attic) less
than 100 meters in length?  Also, make sure that it's not getting any EM
interference.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 1999
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF
PGP public key available by fingering mryan@unix.netaxs.com (use -l opt)