Kyle Burton on Tue, 24 Aug 1999 10:23:43 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] BIND question...

Are you behind a firewall?
standard ftp makes a return connection for data, and if you're behind a fire-
wall that drops incomming connectsions, you won't be able to use ftp in
this active mode.  Try passive mode if this is the case.

Are you sure the ftp authentication worked?  you'll still get a ftp> prompt
even if the auth fails.  You can re-ath with the user command.

"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
    -- Edward Young