Charles Stack on Wed, 25 Aug 1999 09:52:15 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] Voicenet [Was: DSL]

I have no problem with FastNet's service...it has been exemplary.  But, I
can't justify paying th same amount for 56Kbps when I can have 1.1Mbps for
the same price.  If FastNet became an SDSL provider and offered a
competitive rate, there is no doubt we'd come back.  I've been working with
a FastNet tech when trying to get our Linux server on line.  Not only was he
friendly and courteous, but he knew EXACTLY what to do to get the box
online.  I hate the fact that we are leaving simply because they don't offer
DSL....it kills me.

One can only hope that my experiences with VoiceNet will be better after the
line is installed.   I expect that will be the case.

cjs

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.nothinbut.net
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.nothinbut.net]On Behalf Of Andrew Libby
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 1999 9:31 AM
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Subject: Re: [Plug] Voicenet [Was: DSL]

Speaking of which, FastNet is about to go public.  They're
a great company.  They just aquired a company that I
worked for a few years back.  They had always been a very
high quallity upstream provider.  I also know many folk up
in the Lehigh Valley who use them for personal ISP purposes,
all happy.