Michael Leone on Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:03:58 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Choosing an SQL server for Linux

Got asked this question by a friend, but unfortunately I don't really use SQL.

I know that MS Access can be used as a front end to SQL Server (and - I
presume - other SQL products from other vendors). Apparently, some of their
databases are getting up there in size and/or need to start becoming
multi-user. Anybody know of a free (or inexpensive) Linux SQL server that
could be used as a back-end to Access (95/97)?

Investigating less expensive yet functionally equivalent alternatives to
SQL Server on NT.

Thanks.