umweber on Sun, 29 Aug 1999 15:02:06 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Linux compatible ISPs

USR modems are great, but pricey.
I have a USR external x2/v90. It's worked great, in windows, in linux, and
almost in vmware running windows (I can communicate with it so far, but
dun doesn't see it, probably has something goofy to do with the vmware
hardware profile I set up).
Just be careful when buying any modem to ensure it's NOT a winmodem,
externals won't be, extremely cheap internals will be :)

--
Michelle Weber
umweber@mcs.drexel.edu