Kyle Burton on Mon, 30 Aug 1999 13:27:19 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] DHCP

I've used DHCP on my laptop (client part) just by running the netcfg tool,
de-activating the eth0 device, choosing DHCP as the boot proto, and
re-activating it.

as for starting/stoping the dhcp daemon, usign the rc scripts is probably
the best method.  In redhat, run [as root]:

  /etc/rc.d/init.d/dhcpd stop
  /etc/rc.d/init.d/dhcpd start

You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind
word alone.
    -- Al Capone