Daniel W. Ottey on Mon, 30 Aug 1999 17:54:37 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Log rotating

I hear all this talk on the list about log rotating...  And I've found
mail in my root's mailbox that certain logs are unable to be rotated.  SMB
in particular.  Why is this?  What funciton actually handles the log file
rotation?  What exactly is this rotation?  And is there any "standard
sysadmin" way of rotating these logs?  Whew...  probably too many
questions, all answered by one asnwer.  Any suggestions or ideas would be
helpful :-)

Daniel W. Ottey
Sophomore Computer Science Student
Drexel University - Philadelphia, PA