elek on Wed, 1 Sep 1999 16:10:08 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Plug website: the '70s are back...

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999 tburba@glcorpis01.usvision.com wrote:

> I know the '70s are back and consequently so will be the black velvet
> paintings, but does a black background on a web page contribute anything to
> its readability or utility? (Yes, we can override it globally in our
> browsers).
> `:-(

I thought the 70's already came back and left again... :)

I happen to like black velvet paintings - but I never associated those or
black background web sites with the 70's.

Black backgrounds don't ALWAYS look nice...but neither do white
backgrounds with faded type graphics.  I feel it depends on the site and
the graphics.  If black backgrounds are appropriate and you can pull it
off...more power to you ;)

-elek