Edward J. Sager on Thu, 2 Sep 1999 17:04:54 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Linux & Wireless NICs

I have wireless NICs (Maxtech a.k.a. Zcom) connecting my house to my ISP .
The drivers did not link under Linux 2.2 and I couldn't get much help from
manufacturer.  I punted and built a DOS/486/HDless based router using good
ol' packet drivers.  Put an NE2000 and the wireless NIC in the DOS box and it
works like a charm.. Got NAT (masquerading) too.  I believe Zcom uses the
same chips as other cards so I'd love to here what chipset your NIC is using
and how you're making out installin gunder Linux.