Howard Helbein on Thu, 2 Sep 1999 16:30:26 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Linux & Wireless NICs

Is anyone out there in PLUG doing anything with wireless network cards.
I got a couple of Proxim Symphony wireless NICs (both PCMCIA and
ISA).  I've been working with using them with both RedHat 6.0 on a laptop
and on a 486 desktop using the Linux Router Project distribution (to
route to a local home network and the Internet via a cable modem).
Progress has been slow but steady.

If anyone is interested, I'b be willing to talk about my experiences
with the wireless NICs and/or LRP at an upcoming meeting.