Darxus on Sat, 4 Sep 1999 22:18:26 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] tripwire signitures ?

On Sat, 4 Sep 1999, Darxus wrote:

> Yeah, I've got my tw.db on floppies, but I'd like to also generate a few
> signitures/checksums & copy them to the floppy as well, so I can verify
> the signitures instead of restoring the tw.db from the floppies each time.

Sweet.

siggen tw.db.bz2 > tw.db.bz2.sig
cp tw.db.bz2.sig /mnt/floppy
cp `which siggen` /mnt/floppy

My database, 7 different signitures for it, and the program to generate
the signitures fit on 2 floppies.

And I was able to restore the tw.db from the floppy & compair signitures
w/ the copy of siggen on the floppies.

Okay, so it was stupid of me to use .bz2 when I could have used .gz &
ztripwire.  Next time.