Andrew Brennan on Mon, 6 Sep 1999 22:53:40 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] freeware win32 ssh client ?

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Darxus wrote:

> It rocks.  I'm using it now.  It is, as Steve said, like being at a local
> console (control-character handling wise) -- copying & pasting is right &
> left mouse keys, just like gpm on a linux console.
>
> ftp://ftp.chiark.greenend.org.uk/users/sgtatham/putty-0.47/putty.exe
> Is not, as I expected, an installation program.  It is the actual PuTTY
> program (needs to installer).
>
> 198k.  Fits on most floppies I've seen :)  (but in my opinion, it'd be
> easier to keep the URL in your pocket... or a file in your shell account)

   ... er, URL in the pocket is better, yes?  How's one supposed to get
   that file out of their shell account without forcing a password change
   every time you download the application?  :^)

   I've been using a Mac-based SSH client for a while, not bad and faster
   than the DataFellows version (which swamped my poor little Mac).

   andrew.  (brennan@auhs.edu)