Darxus on Mon, 6 Sep 1999 21:00:46 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] freeware win32 ssh client ?

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Nick R wrote:

> Do they fit on a single disk and not require installation? If you could get
> an ssh client to fit on a disk w/ just the executable, then you'd be
> allright. I'm sure copies exist out there to d/l.

You guys all need to get PuTTY, as previously mentioned by Steve Creel:

Homepage at:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty.html

Download it at:
ftp://ftp.chiark.greenend.org.uk/users/sgtatham/putty-0.47/putty.exe

It rocks.  I'm using it now.  It is, as Steve said, like being at a local
console (control-character handling wise) -- copying & pasting is right &
left mouse keys, just like gpm on a linux console.

ftp://ftp.chiark.greenend.org.uk/users/sgtatham/putty-0.47/putty.exe
Is not, as I expected, an installation program.  It is the actual PuTTY
program (needs to installer).

198k.  Fits on most floppies I've seen :)  (but in my opinion, it'd be
easier to keep the URL in your pocket... or a file in your shell account)

And it's freeware.  And the source is available.

As I said, it rocks.  Get it.  Problem solved.
                         Far Beyond Reason