Jason S. on Tue, 7 Sep 1999 09:57:14 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable

xhost +anything is a security nightmare. Check out the xauth manpage.
Or read the minihowto. Or if you're not concerned about it, thats
fine too. Just be aware that it allows _anyone_ logged in to view
read/write to your xdisplay/keyboard. On a single user home system
thats fine. On a system connected to the internet... its not such a
smart idea.

J.

When I grow up, I wanna be more like me.
I had a clue. I didn't like it. I took it back and exchanged it for an
attitude.