Tracy Nelson on Wed, 8 Sep 1999 11:42:40 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] lilo error Please help

"Sulfare.Jim.DMM" wrote:
> Problem:
> I deleted the Linux partitions, formatted the system to do a clean install but
> when I reboot the system, LILO started to load and is getting hung half way thru
> the boot process, even after I deleted Linux from the drive.  Am I not deleting
> something from the HardDrive or resetting something?

My guess is that whatever formatting software you used didn't wipe out
the master boot record (MBR).  You might want to go in with DOS FDISK
and mark the partition as unbootable and see if that fixes it.

-- Tracy Nelson