Jack Wilkinson on Wed, 8 Sep 1999 17:11:49 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] Re:NT/W95 Login Authentication Schemes

additionally, we in Central Bucks School District use FoolProof... Fortres
caused a lot of problems on our systems, and was hacked quite often.  It
automatically logs into a "startup" user mode which has few permissions by
default (only able to run programs on the desktop and start menu and save to
removable disks).  Then you just click a tray icon to login as the superuser
or another class of user that you create.

I like it, and it seems to work, especially with a district of ~20,000
students, the only students who have ever gotten past it are those who do
computer work for the district and are given the password.