Kevin Hill on Thu, 9 Sep 1999 11:53:09 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] a question of terminology..

I'm ready.  I have my towel.

Kyle Burton wrote:

> One of the larger problems with Y2K issues, isn't what your systems do when
> isolated by themselves, but what will happen when they interact with systems
> that don't behave properly.
>
> And you can't test that by just rolling your clock forward a couple of months.
>
> It'll all shake itself out soon enough.  People survive hurricanes and
> earthquakes, where they go for days/weeks/months without basic servies
> (like electricity, grocery stores, atm machines, basic access to their
> bank accounts, clean water, etc), and they somehow make it through those
> trials and tribulations.
>
> Y2K will at worst be a few days of not being able to use a handful of
> these basic services.  That's it.  I can't see anything more devastating
> than that happening.
>
> Don't panic.  It's a waste of time.  Besides, the guide says not to :)

> Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.
>     -- James Dean
> mortis@voicenet.com                            http://www.voicenet.com/~mortis
>
> On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, Morgan Wajda-Levie wrote:
>
> > I seem to remember Vale saying that he had been running his box in Y2k
> > for a while at the last meeting.  Just so he can know nothing funky
> > will happen next year. :)
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 11:02:03AM -0400, Graham, John wrote:
> > > Sorry I know this is way left field, but what's up with the date?

begin:vcard
n:Hill;Kevin
tel;fax:215.283.4942
tel;work:215.283.4877
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.quarterleaf.com/
org:The Sycamore Group;Enterprise Development Division
version:2.1
email;internet:khill@quarterleaf.com
title:Senior Application Architect
adr;quoted-printable:;;580 Virginia Drive=0D=0ASuite 100;Fort Washington;PA;19034;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;25440
fn:Kevin Hill
end:vcard