Kyle Burton on Thu, 9 Sep 1999 11:44:50 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] a question of terminology..

One of the larger problems with Y2K issues, isn't what your systems do when
isolated by themselves, but what will happen when they interact with systems
that don't behave properly.

And you can't test that by just rolling your clock forward a couple of months.

It'll all shake itself out soon enough.  People survive hurricanes and
earthquakes, where they go for days/weeks/months without basic servies
(like electricity, grocery stores, atm machines, basic access to their
bank accounts, clean water, etc), and they somehow make it through those
trials and tribulations.

Y2K will at worst be a few days of not being able to use a handful of
these basic services.  That's it.  I can't see anything more devastating
than that happening.

Don't panic.  It's a waste of time.  Besides, the guide says not to :)

Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.
    -- James Dean