LeRoy D. Cressy on Thu, 9 Sep 1999 12:08:32 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Upgrading through the internet

There are several ways you can accomplish this task.  Can you access the
internet directly when the 98 box is connected?  For instance, can you
ping an outside address?  If so, you can ftp from the SuSE site the new
rpm's.  If not, you can download to the 98 box the new rpm's and load
them through the home network.

Another option would be to make the Linux box a web server for the
entire home network using Samba and diald to fire up the modem internet
connection on demand.

--
          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037