LeRoy D. Cressy on Sun, 19 Sep 1999 09:39:43 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] running X on a laptop

Try using XF86Setup which will start an X session in 640x480 mode.
There is also a SuperProbe which will report what kind of video card you
have.  Concerning your lcd screen you should read the documentation that
came with the laptop that specifies the x and y sync ranges of the
monitor or lcd screen.  From what you are saying it seems that the sync
is not configured correctly

Have a good day :-)

LeRoy

--
          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037