Nick R on Tue, 28 Sep 1999 22:38:21 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Pro Unix Colleges

Well, no offense to anybody who's chosen to live here, but I'd prefer to get out of PA. It's not the states, I'm fleeing from my mom. The grades I'm on edge there (top 5% or so). SAT scores I've got. As for money, well, I'm not going to escape on that one, so I might as well make it a goal in life to die as far in debt as possible :)

       -Laktar, a.k.a. Nick Rosen, laktar.dyndns.org

If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord:
60. My five-year-old child advisor will also be asked to decipher any code I
am thinking of using. If he breaks the code in under 30 seconds, it will not
be used. Note: this also applies to passwords.
-- Peter's Evil Overlord List, http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

From: "Thomas E. Keiser" <tek@teklogic1.com>
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Subject: Re: [Plug] Pro Unix Colleges
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 22:32:14 -0400

Nick:

Best place in Pennsylvania would be Carnegie Mellon. They have a very active
Linux community there, but you'd better have sterling grades and SAT scores and
lots of money. My son was accepted there, but they gave him no $$ so we couldn't
afford it. ($34K/yr). He spent a summer there and did enjoy the linuxers,
though.

Tom.