Bill Jonas on Wed, 29 Sep 1999 20:43:09 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] PLUG Meeting Subject

Agreed.  How about comparative strengths/weaknesses of different
distributions, good (I'm avoiding using the word "best" here for obvious
reasons <g>) options for configuration, general maintenance, what the
different directories are used for (what they store, where you should put
stuff), general getting started, that sort of thing.  In fact, wouldn't this
work rather well for the roundtable format?  OTOH, we don't want this to
turn into a holy war of Mandrake vs. Debian, RH vs OpenLinux, etc. ;)  Right
now I'm running a specialized install of Slackware.  (I don't use it all
that much as of yet, as a fscking winmodem came with my machine, and it's a
real pain in the ass to get software by booting to Windows, d/l'ing the
stuff, and then rebooting into Linux, and I'm too broke to get a real modem,
as I'm unemployed right now.  Anybody know of someplace looking for a
computer guy? <g>)

I realize that the advanced users may be bored with this, but it's just a
suggestion.  :)

Bill