Michael W. Ryan on Fri, 1 Oct 1999 11:23:58 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] PLUG Meeting Subject-Suggestion!!

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, adam wrote:

> And 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.
> Most mailing lists that I have been on do not allow posts
> from non-members.  and for good reason.

Look, the point is that it varies.  There are good reasons to limit
postings and good reasons not to limit postings.  Generally, I find that
for support type mailing lists, it's preferable to not limit postings.
This allows people to post a single question to the list (with a request
to include their direct address in responses) without having to subscribe
to the list itself and be subject to its regular traffic.

I really don't see a need for the PLUG list to limit the subscriptions at
this time.  We've had only very occaisional problems of this nature, and
this doesn't warrant limiting postings.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 1999
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF
PGP public key available by fingering mryan@unix.netaxs.com (use -l opt)