Bill Jonas on Sun, 3 Oct 1999 21:54:49 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] I hope this won't cause a distro war, but...

> I've been using RH Linux for about 1/2 a year now & I think I'd like to
try
> other distros. So what's a good second and maybe third distro to learn &
> where can I get a cheap/free copy (I have somewhat limited bandwidth)?
>
> Oh, I also want to compile my kernel & I was wondering what the best help
is
> there? Is the HOWTO good or should I consult other sources as well before
> trying?
>
>         -Laktar, a.k.a. Nick Rosen, laktar.dyndns.org

At http://www.slackware.com, look for something called ZipSlack.  It's about
a 37 meg download.  Very easy to install, all you have to do is unzip it
into a C:\linux directory.  Of course, if that's not quite up your alley,
http://www.cheapbytes.com and http://www.linuxmall.com have the downloadable
versions on CD, and you can get about 4-6 versions for ~$20

Bill