Kyle Burton on Mon, 4 Oct 1999 10:46:37 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Core Files

For developers, core files are one of the big wins for unix.  They're basicly
a memory dump of a program that has crashed.  If you have a debugger, the
original sources, and a little know how, you can use a core file to help
you track down what went wrong in the program.

Unless you're doing development, you can probably just get rid of them.
It's probably some part of gnome that went belly up.  Happens with
buggy software.

"Success covers a multitude of blunders."
    -- George Bernard Shaw