Jason S. on Mon, 4 Oct 1999 12:39:30 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Scandisk

Drop to single user mode. Remount it readonly. Run fsck. Or create
boot disks and use those to run fsck from.
mount -n -o remount,ro /

Read thru your init scripts. Your system does this for you when you
boot up. Thats why sometimes you'll see something to the effect of
"maximal mount count reached. Check forced" before it mounts the
file systems read/write. Read the BootPrompt-HOWTO and the
Bootdisk-HOWTO for other tips and more verbose explanations.

J.

So why do I love when I still feel pain?
When does it end, when is my work done?
Why am I lone and why do I feel
that I carry a sword through a battlefield?

--VNV Nation