Michael Leone on Tue, 5 Oct 1999 18:00:33 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] .iso files

> If it's an atapi burner, you have to recompile your kernel
> WITHOUT ATAPI  CD-ROM support, and turn on Generic SCSI, SCSI Emulation, and
> SCSI CD-ROM  support.  After that, just install XCDRoast from
> freshmeat.net and then you can burn the ISO images, and have a working CD burner.

I did all that. And yeah, I could then burn CDs. However, unless I totally missed something, I couldn't play any music CDs, and seem to remember having a problem mounting CDS.

This was using the default GNOME CD playing program - I forget the name right now. Tried specifying different devices, but no go. Is this possible?