Brent R. Matzelle on Wed, 6 Oct 1999 16:15:42 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Memory

I have a computer with a relatively small amount of RAM (48).  I noticed that
when I use the free -t command that Linux caches 22 MB of my memory!  So
by the time I start KDE there's no memory left and my computer has to go
straight to the swap space, thus slowing down my computer considerably.  Is
this ridiculous amount of cached memory necessary?  Is there a way that I can
reduce the size of the cache (alike the system.ini file in win32)?  Thanks much.

--
Brent R. Matzelle

- "My way isn't always the best way to do things,
   but it's more fun."