umweber on Wed, 6 Oct 1999 17:43:26 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] network kits

I used the Linksys Network Starter Kit, came with 2 10 base t cards
and a 5 port hub. I got it for like $60 (or was it $80, I don't remember)
at Best Buy.  The 2 PCI cards it comes with use the ne2kpci modules, but
they're not autodetected (at least by redhat's installer, but manually
picking it out of the list works). The hardware works fine, though I
haven't actually used it to network machines together, just to share a
single cable modem with multiple ips.

--
Michelle Weber
umweber@mcs.drexel.edu