Kyle Burton on Wed, 13 Oct 1999 11:01:14 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] samba

Ther used to be an issue with clear text passwords from NT->Samba, it's in
the FAQ or README that comes with Samba.  You used to have to make a registry
change on the NT box to get this to work -- it would use encrypted passwords
if the server supported it, but Samba did not, so it would babck down to
cleartext passwords -- at least that's how Samba used to work, it may
support MS's 'encryption' now...but I haven't used it lately.

All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts
you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get
them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a
hammer.
    -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925