Michael Whitman on Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:56:57 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] samba

I am trying to map a network drive form an nt machine to a directory on a
RH 6 machine.  I believe the samba server is up and running properly on the
linux machine.  I have set up an account on the linux machine which is the
same as what i use to login to the the NT machine.  WHen i try to connect
the the directory viat the map network drive utility on NT using
\\ipnumber\sambadirname I get this error: 'The account is not authorized to
login from this station' .   How do i authorize the account logon from a
different station than the machine the account resides on?

Thanks

 - Mike

Michael P. Whitman
Online Services Developer