Chris McDonough on Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:07:24 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] linux and laptops...

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/linux-laptop/

-----Original Message-----
From: Manplantis
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Sent: 10/15/99 11:33 AM
Subject: [Plug] linux and laptops...

A few questions...
	Anyone out there install linux on a laptop? Did you have
anyproblems when it came to the horizontal & vertical sync #'s for
Xfree86.
	Has anyone heard of using linux with the ibook?
	I know that Xfree86 has dependencies for the monitor card but
have
seen nothing for Gnome. Does Gnome also have these restrictions? If so
where can I look for list of compatible cards? (I tried the gnome site
but didn't see anything)
	Thanks for your time.
                                                                      _
__