tching on Fri, 15 Oct 1999 15:33:38 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] snowcrash/carmack

As a huge Snow Crash fan, I have to say that I think creating the Metaverse
would be a great idea and its well on its way, but the computing resources
still haven't gotten cheap enough yet.  So in essence, although plenty of
virtual worlds exists, only a select few participate in them so far.   The
whole idea behind the Metaverse in Snow Crash that it was a global
phenomenon populated by not just programmers, but Joe Schmoe...

Course...I would be willing to spring however much it took if Carmack
created a VR world and charged...whatever amount per month.