tburba on Thu, 21 Oct 1999 10:55:51 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] docs on /etc/crontab?

The entry:
     0 3 * * * /usr/bin/rdate -s hostname
does nothing in /etc/crontab, but works fine in root's crontab. I've
noticed that /etc/crontab has this entry:
     01 * * * * root run-parts /etc/cron.hourly
To quote the man page, "The 'sixth' field (the rest of the line) specifies
the command to be run". By inference, the field "root run-parts
/etc/cron.hourly" is a shell command. How can both these formats be the
same?

mental@NeverLight.com on 10/21/99 09:59:54 AM

Please respond to plug@lists.nothinbut.net