Darxus on Sun, 24 Oct 1999 17:54:44 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] *NOT* happy - another hd crash

My Seagate st19171w hard drive crashed a few weeks ago.  It was under
warrenty, I sent it in (RMA #7341833).  I just got my replacement a few
days ago.  Today & yesterday I've been reinstalling my operating system &
software.

I just heard a sound.  The sound of a hard drive being shut off, and then
instantly turned back on.  I got many scsidisk I/O errors.  I rebooted to
a rescue disk & ran a filesystem check.  22 4096 bit blocks were
destroyed.  44 kilobytes of date are corrupted, and I have no way of
finding out what files need to be repaired.

This is the same thing my last drive did.

I understand that you are not personally at fault for this hard drive
eating my data before I even finished reinstalling all my programs, but I
would like to know what I should do now.