Tim Peeler on Mon, 25 Oct 1999 00:46:35 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Slip/Eql/Remote-X

On Sun, 24 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> ... not that it would be any better than the seial ports (actually, I
> rreally dont know) but there is also PLIP -- the P standing (at least I
> think) for the Parallel port.  Just another option to look into. (hmmm I
> wonder if one could hook up a connection using BOTH the serial AND
> parallel port connections at the same time..)

Yea, I thought of trying that; even got a cable for it, but for some reason I
can't get it to work.  My thinking is that lp0 is an spp.   I could just be
doing it wrong, but I'm pretty sure I did the steps right.  It should be just
like an ethernet only using plip.o (I didn't insmod lp.o in case you're
wondering).  So, I guess I'm still stuck with the serial ports.  I got dxpc and
that seems to decrease the response time a little, but not enought to worry
about.  At least I can get netscape to load across the connection.  I'll keep
looking.

Thanks,
Tim