Morgan Wajda-Levie on Mon, 25 Oct 1999 20:13:25 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] telnetting around a firewall

Recently I've been spedning some time trying to work around my schools
telnet restrictions so I can use my computer.  There is a firewall in
place which seems to make some telnet connects impossible, while
others work.  I can telnet to my ISP, which runs NT, but my computer
and CCIL both report that the connection was dropped.  I thought this
may have something to do with firewalls and the way the server
interacted with the client, but I don't know.

Any way, I'd like to find a way to work around this.  I've been
looking for a java telnet program, but have been unsuccesful.  Does
anybody know of such a program that could work around a firewall?
Even better, are there any such programs out there that do ssh?

--
Morgan Wajda-Levie
http://www.worldaxes.com/wajdalev