Eric Windisch on Mon, 25 Oct 1999 22:45:20 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Something little I wrote

Eric Windisch wrote:

> Although this isn't much, some people have requested it on irc. So I
> decided
> to share it with you guys as well:
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl -w
> foreach $_ (A..Z) {
> mkdir("$_", 444);
> system("mv $_* $_");
> system("mv \l$_* \u$_");
> }
>
> If you don't know perl and/or haven't figured out what it does: it makes
> directories named A, B, C, etc.. and copies all files in the current
> directory
> to it's alphabetical match. Good for catagorizing those images your mom
> doesn't want you to see, those legal mp3's, etc :)

Something I forgot to mention, as it is quite obvious in the code... the
original file permisions are not kept, so changing them afterwards
(or fixing the script) would be a good idea. right now it makes all the
files
a+r-wx (444)

--
Eric Windisch