Chuck Peters on Mon, 25 Oct 1999 23:32:55 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] CCIL Technical Projects Meeting Sunday

CCIL.org, the non-profit freenet, operates by an all volunteer staff. We
are looking for individuals interested in helping with the technical end
of the organization.  Knowledge of UNIX and/or Linux is desirable along
with a willingness to learn without a lot of hand-holding. We have a
number of projects underway and would like to establish a technical team
to work on them.

If you are interested in volunteering, we are setting up a meeting for
Sunday October 31st 6PM. For more information contact me and include a
short note describing your interests and skills.

Meeting Agenda

open meeting/introductions
1 - Brief overview of system:
        A) Equipment
        B) system, OS, software etc.
2 - Main Tasks
        A) BSDi Upgrade
        B) New Shell to Replace Interlink
        C) Conversion to Linux
        D) New Hardware/adding a RAID system
        E) Database integrated with account registration process
        F) Web Mail
        G) Documentation
3 - Identify Routine Tasks - disk cleanup, backups, etc.
4 - Assess abilities and interests of attendees.
5 - Assign individuals to teams or tasks.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon,
Chuck