Nick R on Wed, 27 Oct 1999 14:11:49 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] telnetting around a firewall - non-technical considerations

THEIR system that's payed for my parents' tax dollars. I'm frankly startled by the response I'm getting here. Some of you people really need to loosen up a bit as well as lose a little of the faith you seem to have in the motives and competancy of "the man".

From: Martin DiViaio <martindiviaio@erols.com>
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Subject: Re: [Plug] telnetting around a firewall - non-technical considerations
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 23:47:26 -0400

Keep in mind that you are the user of THEIR system. It might be a good
idea to at least get someone to say you can do this before you start
doing it.

Another point: Their may be no SPECIFIC rule against telneting out but
is there a rule against attempting to bypass their security system?
Since normal telnet is turned off (by accident or on purpose is
irrelevant) wouldn't an attempt to use it anyway break that rule?