Michael W. Ryan on Fri, 5 Nov 1999 17:48:26 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] That idiotic cylinder 1024 problem

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Thomas E. Keiser wrote:

> Not so. If you spend about $30, you can download an NT driver that allows it to
> read and write Fat32. It's called "Fat32 for Windows NT 4.0" and it's from
> www.sysinternals.com. I use it, and it works flawlessly. They also have a
> utility that allows W98 to do the same thing with NTFS. Win2k can read/write
> Fat32 out of the box.

I'm going to clarify what I said:  WinNT does not natively support FAT32
and Win9x does not natively support NTFS.

Adding a third party driver is a completely different issue, and I would
recommend, based on my large amount of experience with Windows, that you
take due consideration when using third party drivers for critical
functions, such as the boot and system partitions' filesystems.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 2000
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF
PGP public key available by fingering mryan@unix.netaxs.com (use -l opt)