Charles Stack on Mon, 8 Nov 1999 16:07:29 -0500 (EST)

[Plug] Has anybody ever seen this message?

Kernel: NET: xxx messages supressed.
neighbour table overflow

Where xxx keeps changing (usually around 230+).

This is the second time I've encountered this message.  Each time it
happend, the Linux box goes nuts writing this message to console
(overwriting anything else in its path).  The only way to stop it was to
pull the network cables from the machine.

Even rebooting doesn't stop it...only yanking of the network cables.  I
should mention that this machine is an internet gateway and configured for
IP Masqarade to 10.0.0.x.

I'm getting the idea that an improperly configured workstation is flooding
the network with packets while printing....but I'm not sure.

Please...if you know the cause of this error...please enlighten me!!!

Charles