Mental on Thu, 18 Nov 1999 10:50:52 -0500 (EST)

[Plug] Debian stuff

Hey, I have a set of 2.1 disks from cheapbytes I picked up a while back.
I think I'm gonna go back to debian for a while, but I want to run the
latest unstable stuff. Is there a way to do an ftp install off of the
unstable tree? I figure I'll abuse the DSL line a bit. If not, I guess
I'll have to install 2.1, get apt-get working then do the whole
dist-upgrade thing.

apt-get stores the packages it uses in /var right? My /var partition
is about 400M right now. Should I grow it more?

I still need to re-read the dselect tutorial and the install process
a couple times. Ideally I'd like to be in 2.2 land as soon as it
comes up. Depending on how well this works, I may upgrade my webserver
also. Altho the terms "unstable" and "server" dont sit well with me.

Mental