Michael C. Toren on Sat, 27 Nov 1999 17:53:08 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] plug announce list

> There needs to be a plug announce list.  (Assuming my beliefe that there
> is none is up to date)

Many moons ago, there had been an announcement-only list.  However, it
was decided at the time that it was fairly redundant, because the "main,
discussion" list didn't attract nearly as much traffic as it currently
does.  Now that a thriving discussion lists exists, I agree that it's
time to bring back the announcement-only list.

I think there should be a few stipulations, however:

	- It most definitely needs to be moderated.  Any volunteers?

	- All announcements should be posted to the announcement-only
	  list, and cc'd to the discussion list.  No one currently on
	  the discussion list should need to subscribe to a second list.

	- Each message sent to the announcement-only list should include
	  instructions for subscribing and unsubscribing from both the
	  announcement-only list, as well as the discussion list.

Comments?

-mct