Michael C. Toren on Sun, 28 Nov 1999 11:13:25 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] plug announce list

> > 	- It most definitely needs to be moderated.  Any volunteers?
>
> I was just thinking about setting it up for the meeting announcements I've
> been posting to this list, comp.os.linux announce, and phl.announce, so
> moderation hadn't occurred to me.  I'd be willing to do it.  Or Bill could
> do it.  But if setting up moderation might slow down the process, I think
> the list should be set up so I can just post the meeting announcements to
> it first, and then set up moderation.

I was thinking that whomever will be posting the announcements regularly
should also be a moderator, so that he will be able to approve his own
posts.

> > I'd be willing to do it; occasionally, though, I visit family out-of-town,
> > so at times postings *might* be delayed as much as a couple days.
>
> I'm not familiar w/ how moderation works, can there be 2 moderators ?

It's possible with other mailing list software, so I assume that it's also
possible with Mailman.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

> > I think its a good idea. I'm pretty brain dead and would benefit from a
> > reminder list. If its just a matter of needing a place to put it, I can
> > easily fix that.
>
> Yeah, there's lotsa places we can put it, but I'd like to try to get it on
> nothinbut.net for consistancy first.

Steve from NothinButNet already agreed to set it up, I believe.

-mct