Michael W. Ryan on Mon, 29 Nov 1999 09:23:45 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] Now a "closed" list

Actually Mailman doesn't get stumped by this.  "bill@mail.taco.com" and
"bill@taco.com" would be considered the same person.

> 2) is harder to fix, and it may be that you have to ask the listowner to
> unsub the old address and the new one.

Hm... I don't think Jason is "point three compliant. :)

I'd strongly suggest someone who has actually moved their address to
unsubscribe and resubscribe with their new address (resetting your
settings can be annoying, though).  Incidentally, you don't need to have
the list administrator do it, ifyou do it via the web interface.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 2000
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF
PGP public key available by fingering mryan@unix.netaxs.com (use -l opt)