tburba on Fri, 3 Dec 1999 08:41:19 -0500 (EST)

[Plug] ...I just read about your trials and travails after the Plug meeting.

Nathan,
I just read about your trials and travails after the Plug meeting. It
reminds me of many similar disasters I've had over the years. The most
memorable being --  missing getting my girlfriend on the last bus to
Allentown at midnight and hailing a cab to chase it up Broad street.
Failing that, asking the cabbie to drive from Philly to Allentown at
breakneck speed (through the fog) to get her home by curfew (nasty, strict
parents). Arriving at her home in Allentown at 2 a.m. only to meet an angry
father with shotgun in hand! After a lot of apologies and explaining I
returned to Philly to find that I didn't have enough cash for the cab fare!
I proceeded to pound on every friend's door at Drexel's dorm until I found
someone crazy enough to lend me money in the middle of the night. And to
say that us techies lead boring lives? Ha! Well, that was only 28 years ago
and I have lived to tell the tale...
Forgive my ignorance, what is the name of the meeting moderator guy (both
Name and e-mail name if you have it)? I'd like to start a thread about our
discussion at the meeting re: ttysnoop and /dev/vcs#. Thanks.
Yours,
Tom Burba
U.S. Vision, Inc.
tburba@usvision.com (corporate)